To ensure a smooth and successful project, your project team members must have the right mix of skills.
How many people you need depends, of course, on the scope of your project. You may find that one person can fill more than one role, or you may need several people to fill the same role.
Some skill sets or roles you need include:
- Project Manager - Someone who can actively lead and manage a complex project
- Usability Specialists - A person or group of people to help you work through the user-centered design process. They can help you:
- Content Writers - A person or group of people skilled in writing for the web can help you to create usable, useful content for the website
- Information Architects - A person or team of people to design a navigation structure that is logical and usable to your audiences. They can help you define your navigation.
- Graphic Designers - A person or group of people to create visually appealing designs that enhance the usability of your site
- Developers/Programmers - A team to manage the technical aspects of your website, including programming it. Make sure to include people who know how to develop accessible (Section 508 compliant) pages and maintain your content management system.
- Subject Matter Specialists (SMEs) - A person or group of people familiar with the topics on the site to provide information for the site